Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Maybe I'm the worst Aunt EVER!

I am the one that decided to make my living doing arts and craft shows, I know this. The only part that is  a constant downer is missing out on a lot of weekend family and friend get-togethers.

Take this Saturday for instance, Its my nephew Landon's 5th birthday party. A milestone! All of the family is invited, but there will be one person missing, Aunt Erin.

Landon rocking out
It really does break my heart, but what can I do? I have to make a living...right?

So instead of eating cake and watching an excited 5 year old rip open a bounty of gifts I will be slaving away downtown at Wedgestock. 

at least I didn't miss his first birthday, what a riot! 


Actually, if you want to know the truth, Wedgestock is a very fun day long festival filled with amazing local art, music and food. Last year I had a wonderful day, can't say enough good things about it. 


2011

So I guess the plan is, buy Landon something one-of-a-kind cool at the festival and make it up to him next week. Maybe a trip to the zoo or Seabreeze will make him forget all about my absence on his big day.  

***************************************************************************** 

Word Of the Week (WOW) 

Word Of the Week (WOW): "LANDON" is in honor of my nephew

How to get your discount: 

In person - mention this word when you see me this weekend and get $5 off of your $25 or more purchase and $2 under $25 

Online - enter the word of the week in as a discount code at check-out to get $3 off of your total purchase at www.sunshynesilverwear.com 

offer expires 8/20/12

3 comments:

  1. You are not a bad Aunt. This is your work schedule. If you were a doctor or a nurse and you worked overnight weekends you would not feel so guilty. Being a good Aunt isn't about being there for Birthday parties, it is about being there when he needs you. Have fun at Wedgestock and I am sure you find him something one of a kind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the kind words. I know it's true, I just wish I could be there ALL of the time! <3

      Delete
  2. You are the BEST Aunt ever! You always spend quality time with Landon when you can, and he loves you no matter what, so stop feeling guilty! Hey maybe you could pick me up a gift for him at Wedgestock too. I'll see you Friday! <3

    ReplyDelete