Monday, April 12, 2010

A dreamer in the real world

Been thinking a lot lately about what I'm doing with my life. (Could be because I just turned 30 and I'm going through a pre-midlife crisis.) I like my 40 hour a week job, (mostly because it is flexible as hell and allows me to travel a half a dozen times a year, for my sanity) but I keep thinking that there is way more I could be doing with the 9+ hours a day I am stuck at work. I love my life, don't get me wrong, but I feel like I would like to be living more of it for me. Craig says that I should be lucky to even have a job at all in this economy and that I have it better that most. Ok, he may be right, but can't i dream? I'm allowed to have aspirations.


My biggest goal, is to someday get that one great idea to make that one amazing thing that no one will be able to live without. To spend my days creating, and being my own boss. It happens all the time, hundreds of times a day, all around the world, right? There is a dream job out there for me, all I have to do is generate it.


In the real world, I'm pretty much a number cruncher/data entry person. At the end of the day the only thing I've made, is my bosses bank account bigger. I would love to walk away from a day's work with something I can point to and say "see this? I made this!" To be able to put together pieces that alone, were nothing special, but assembled, made something useful and beautiful.


For now I'll be happy with the few hours a week I get to spend on my necklaces. If there were 4 more hours in the day, I'd be all good.



No comments:

Post a Comment