Friday, September 28, 2012

Time to kick this $#!+ up a notch! - Part I

It has become apparent to me that in order to get into some of the high end craft shows that I want to do, I not only need a bomb product, but also a sophisticated booth display. The PVC pipes covered in tie-dye duct tape just aint cuttin' it no more.

For the last year, I have been scoping out fellow artist's displays and mentally taking notes.  Combined with my own ideas I have come up with a new, more refined booth. With the help of my friend Todd (carpenter extraordinaire), we are making my vision a reality.

To be honest, I really like my display. It's functional, lightweight, takes up hardly any room in my car, sets up in a flash and makes it so that I can keep an eye on everything in my booth at once. I wanted to keep all of the same attributes while making it better looking. So my idea was to make the same display I have now, only a tiny bit smaller and made out of wood.

After a few trips to Home Depot, we got a bunch of unfinished pine dowels and table legs.

First step was to stain everything. I used Minwax's 'Early American' stain.

And just 20 minutes later, what a difference!

A few hours later, my friend Todd came over to cut and drill the holes for the dowels. (A little known fact about me: I hate handling anything sharp. Knives, saws, and just about anything with a blade scares me. I'll leave this part up to the professionals)

Professional sharp tool user

Next, we put it all together and it surprisingly went without a hitch! (I'm used to 'Murphy's Law' mucking things up for me)


Woot! We are so happy about the new display!

Preview of Part II: more booth design while keeping my head in the clouds...


  1. I can't wait to see it all pulled together at Letchworth! yippeee!!!!