Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Impending Failure Cures OCD

I shouldn't even be taking the time out to write a blog post. I'm getting all sorts of anxious about July and the 6 craft shows I'm participating in. Yikes!

Those of you who don't know me personally, let me let you in on a little secret. I can be a total control freak. Mix that in with a side of OCD and I pretty much have myself a recipe for a month long heart attack in July.

There are lists and lists of things to do and buy for the coming shows, which means time is of the essence. Because time is of the essence, I have no choice but to curb my OCD instincts of wanting to do things in a certain order and actually do them in the order that best suits the tasks at hand. It goes against everything I have taught myself over the last 32 years, but my will to succeed is stronger than my OCD urges. 


Speaking of which, time to get a move on, gotta take advantage of the longest day of the year...


Happy Summer Solstice folks. 



1 comment:

  1. oh i hear ya girl...i learned that you have to let SOME of it go...it's a tough thing...but as you go..you will see, some can go, some you have to stick to !! i have a PILE of spoons for you......

    ReplyDelete