Friday, April 27, 2012

A Walk With The Dogs Part 1: St. Paul Wizard Sighting

Yesterday I had a few weird things happen to me, both on my walk with the dogs. As I was crossing the Veteran's Bridge when none other than the St. Paul Wizard past right by me going in the opposite direction. Who is the St. Paul Wizard you ask? He is this guy, that I have only seen one other time in the 10 years I have lived in the area, and I was starting to think I had made that experience up in my head because it seemed too weird to be real.
Anyways, last summer I was walking the dogs and I saw what looked like a cream colored squirrel without a tail, or it could have been a rabbit without long ears. Your guess is as good as mine. So as I stared and watched the strange animal disappear into the brush, behind me I heard a voice say something like "kinda strange, aint it?"

The squabbit looked something like this

I looked over and my mouth dropped open, what I saw was WAY more odd than an half rabbit half squirrel hybrid. It was an older man with a long white beard, wearing a black cape over his brown cords and a black shirt. This man also held a peculiar wooden walking stick that could pass for a staff.

similar wizard staff

The man and I talked for a moment about the kooky mammal that we just saw and then he was on his way.  If I hadn't known better, I would have thought that someone had dosed me with LSD or something. The whole scene was abnormal.
Fast forward to yesterday. I saw the St Paul Wizard again, and in the same vicinity that I saw him the first time! This time he was pushing a shopping cart full of bottles and other odds and ends. He still had the cape and the long beard, but now was wearing Birkenstocks and had a 2 foot long corn cob pipe sticking out of his mouth. I SWEAR! If I would have not been so stunned to see him again I would have maybe had half a mind to take a picture of this fellow. Ah, maybe next time...

Part 2 tomorrow, a Veteran in distress

No comments:

Post a Comment