* I got to hang out with my crafting friends all day and gab about business
* the organizers were super friendly
* loading in and out was a breeze thanks to the large carts they made available to us and volunteers' help
* great lighting and free electric in the cafeteria
* made enough money to pay the gas and electric bill! Woot!
* it was fun seeing all of the customers wearing their festive green outfits for St. Patty's Day
* getting to converse with a few of my awesome Facebook fans (actually, this was my favorite part of the
* low attendance
* no place to buy food nearby (thank god I brought a lunch)
|Lori of LPrince Designs|
It was really nice to get to hang out with Lori all day, I had the booth next to hers. Lori and I met about a year back at a small business class and have been friends ever since. We have done a few of the same shows over the last 6 months, but this was the first time we got to be booth neighbors. Lori has been hard at work creating some amazing new products. Forming these beautiful silver floating hearts from scratch.
|Francesca DeCaire chatting it up with a customer|
And of course having Francesca at a show is always fun. You can see her colorful personality come out in all of the beautiful glass jewelry she makes. If you live in the Rochester area, mark my words, you will be seeing a lot of this chick in the months to come. She is a rising star!
|Lots of fine crafts, not too many customers to enjoy them all!|
Another delightful part of today was having local singer/songwriter Chris Wilson perform an acoustic set for about 4 hours today to promote his albums. I have seen him a handful of times at other arts and crafts shows over the last few months and he plays a lot of songs I like including this one:
By the time 5pm rolled around, I was ready to enjoy the beautiful sunny day outside. During the show, Lori had mentioned that there was a fog advisory in effect for Rochester. Until I saw this as I was driving over the Bay Bridge on my way home, I didn't believe it.
"going home, going home, by the waterside I will rest my bones..." ~ Grateful Dead
All in all a decent day. Got to hang with some great folks, make a few bucks and get home in time to take the doggies for a long, sun shiny walk to the zoo before the sun went down.
Next week it's the Maple Fest in Marathon,NY. My first time doing this show and my first out of area show of the year. I have heard some wonderful things about it and I hope they are all true. I will keep you posted on the outcome. Wish me luck!
(Oh, also wanted to give a little shout out to Tori. I had the pleasure of hanging out with her at this and last week's show too. Such a sweetheart and a talented potter. We are doing another show together April 21st and 22nd in Utica so look for us there!)