Sunday, September 4, 2011

I made the news!

About a week ago I got a phone call from the Democrat and Chronicle. They wanted to to a 300 word piece on me for their "Young Professionals" feature in the Sunday paper. They had gotten my name from an old high school friend who I had recently reconnected with and who is also doing the Clothesline festival.
I was flabbergasted. Of course I would do it, so they told me they would call back in a few days for the interview. At first I was so psyched to have the opportunity, and then I got a little nervous about what I would say and how I would come across in the article. They wanted to focus on the fact that I left my job to pursue my art full time. So now I had days to over-think it.
I was so nervous when the reporter called me at 10:30am on the dot last Monday, I'm pretty sure I rambled on about about this and that and then went off on a few tangents, so after I hung up the phone with her, I was trying to think back about what the heck I even said!
I dont know how she reorganized my explosion of thoughts and feelings on the subject, but in my opinion, the article came out alright. The picture that went with the article is a whole different story. ;)

I'm SO excited for The Clothesline Festival!  I probably wont see the light of day until then because I'm  devoting this week to creating dozens of new pendants. I've even got a few new creations and successful experiments I will be debuting this weekend. See ya then! (don't forget to bering your 'word of the week' for your discount at my booth. This week it's pink hydrangea)  
Read the full Democrat and Chronicle article here.

No comments:

Post a Comment