Monday, March 3, 2014

Waste Not Want Not


I am so proud to announce a new line of jewelry to my repertoire. Watch bezel watercolor pendants! 




The inspiration for these pieces comes from my longtime admiration for watercolor paintings. 
A few years back, at an arts and crafts show, I was placed next to the most talented watercolor artist in Rochester (IMHO), Kate Cragg. I just could not leave without this painting, and now framed, it hangs above the couch in my living room.


See her other stunning work here: http://society6.com/sunsoaked


So after years of admiring watercolor, I decided to take a class during my "slow season" and create some art of my own. 

Here are a few examples of my watercolor beginnings: 



Week 5 


Week 3


As I am learning watercolor, I am also still working on new jewelry for the coming art show year.  I have been collecting used watches and refurbishing them to use with my new Leather cuffs. 



Click here for more leather cuff options


Some watches I have harvested, were beyond repair and went into the "what the heck should I do with this" pile. then one day as I was painting, the idea for these necklaces just popped into my brain. I have to say, I am LOVING the process and the little paintings just keep getting better and better. 

This one is my absolute FAVORITE so far...






Right now they are only being offered through my Facebook fanpage.  As I post new ones, I am offering FREE SHIPPING for the first five days after the post.  I just ask that you e-mail or message me with any purchase inquiries that you may have. 

Here are a few more of the little beauties that I have made over the last few weeks: 














No comments:

Post a Comment