Wednesday, March 20, 2013

The Creative Process In Action

The idea of making "friendship pendants" has been floating around in my head for quite some time. A few days ago I sat down in my studio to bring them to life.

This was draft #1 that I posted on Facebook and got many great suggestions and constructive criticisms.

Ok Erika, maybe it DOES look like two fetuses hugging

So on to the second take. I got a lot of positive feedback from a suggestion to make Mother/Daughter pendants so with that in mind, I made this...


It's perfect because the smaller heart comes from the center of the larger heart. Very Mother/Daughter symbolic. So I posted this up on my Facebook page and got a TON of positive feedback and interest in this product so I set out to make them real wearable pieces. 


I added holes for the bails


Then soldered bails onto the pieces. 



Polished them up to a gleaming shine.



And voila!! The "always in my heart" Mother/ Daughter duo was born. 

I could not have done it without all of the great suggestions of my Facebook fans, so THANK YOU for your help in making the duo come alive. 

Visit www.sunshynesailverwear.com to get your "always in my heart" duo for only $40. 


p.s. I have been coming up with some more wonderful "friendship" style pendants in the last few days. Keep a look-out here and on my Facebook page to get the first look!




No comments:

Post a Comment