Thursday, January 2, 2014

NYE: an intimate evening spent with 17,000 of my closest friends.



You would think that after one hell of a crazy vending year, I'd want to have a mellow New Year's eve and reflect on months gone by.  um, NO THANKS! This year went out with a BANG!

Craig and I headed down to the city the never sleeps for a wild 4 day ride. It just so happened that one of our favorite bands was scheduled to play four sold out shows at Madison Square Garden on the days leading up to New Years. This being the bands 30th anniversary, we knew it was going to be special.


We ate 99 cent pizza slices while walking Times Square after midnight,  Hung out with friends from all over the country (Phish brings us all to one place a few times a year), had some fine dining (and not so fine dining) experiences, checked out the ice rink and Christmas Tree at Rockefeller Center and went to the Metropolitan Museum of Art (which was a total THRILL for me!) Each night ending up at MSG dancing to some fine, fine music. 

a bit chilly after the show at MSG, especially if someone
accidentally spills beer all over the arm of your hoodie.

Vegan seitan yummyness. One of
the best meals all week! 


the ice rink is A LOT smaller than what it looks like
on TV.  Grand Central Station too, for that matter.

30 Rock looking beautiful in the winter fog

You literally need at LEAST 5 visits at 8 hours
each to see all the the Met has to offer

prettiest spoon at the Met. You know I was in love...


Yes, this happened



3...2...1...Happy New Year! 

Now as I sit here on this quiet winter eve, I finally get to reflect on months gone by. I am so very grateful for all of you that have propelled me through this whirlwind of a year. I am thankful to all of the friends and family who have supported my dream and for Craig who always dealt with my moments of stress with nothing but love, kindness and a helping hand.



I would love to know what your New Years Eve was like.  Did you stay in and watch the ball drop? Party till the wee hours? Fall asleep early? 

What big things are you planning in the year to come? 

Here at Sunshyne Silverwear the creative juices are flowing and inspiration is seeping in from everywhere. I have lots of new ideas ready to be born, so stay tuned....


Feel free to comment below.







3 comments:

  1. Awesome blog Erin! It is wonderful that you are living your dream, and making amazing memories that will last a lifetime. Happy 2014 and beyond! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Slightly off-topic but the House of Representatives looks way smaller in person than it does when I watch the State of the Union speech held there!

    Erin, I remember being super-impressed with the new creativity that flowed out of you last Jan/Feb - can't wait to see what's new this year! (No pressure...) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://www.thefederalistpapers.org/us/mr-moneybags-bernie-sanders-is-also-a-charity-skinflint

    ReplyDelete