Sunday, May 9, 2010

What a great way to kick off the summer!

Out of the blue Friday we decided to go to the Disco Biscuits show in Baldwinsville,NY. Thought maybe I would try to sell some necklaces and possible make enough money to get into the show.  We had a few doubts about the weather, it called for rain all evening, but we took our chances. Hell, we had nothing better to do anyhow.

We got on lot about an hour before the show started.  The venue was 'open air' and located on a really cool mini peninsula out on the water. First official concert of the summer. Craig and I walked the lot selling necklaces and it wasn't long before we ran into friends. Met up with my cousin and Craig's cousin that night. Good people.

Also ended up meeting a girl who sells these really cool  and unique hemp jewelry. We talked for a while and I found out she has a shop up on Etsy too! I ended up trading one of my grapefruit spoon necklaces for a really sweet hemp bracelet.


You can check out the rest of her stuff in her Etsy Shop.

So finally we moseyed on over to the show which was well under way. We didn't have tickets yet so I stuck my finger in the air looking for a miracle. Not one minute later a boy sells us his extra for $10 under face value, so one ticket down and one to go. Craig decided he would walk across the bridge to see how the music sounded from the park across the lock. So I'm still standing there with my finger in the air when a fella taps me on the shoulder and says 'you need a ticket for tonight, darlin'?' and just hands me my miracle! I was so excited, I gave the dude a huge hug and ran off to find Craig. We walked back to the gate and went into the show.

To sum it up, I was VERY impressed with the music and the light show. Everyone was having a ball. Even met up with some good friends from the Roc. Meeting Craig's cousin for the first time was great. Two years in the making. His girl Heather is as sweet as can be. They felt like family instantly. And getting to hang with my cousin was the best. So nice to have family around.

(This pic is of Craig, his cousin Shawn, Shawn's girl Heather, and myself. )
 (the band rockin' it out at our first open air concert of the summer)


I am still a newbie to DB, so I didn't know any of their songs going in. It didn't matter, the jams that night were out of this world. And closing the show with 'the safety dance' (Men without Hats song from the 80's) well, that was the cherry on top. I left the show with a perma-grin.

No comments:

Post a Comment